Home Tech Updates Commvault’s Saas Division Posts Remarkable Growth

Commvault’s Saas Division Posts Remarkable Growth

by Helen J. Wolf
0 comment

Commvault has revealed the global momentum its SaaS division Metallic has experienced since its launch two years ago.

In addition to Metallic, Commvault has also launched an access program for ThreatWise, the company’s new offering following the TrapX acquisition, and a new name for the established Metallic Cloud Storage Service to reflect value for customers better.

Portfolio expansion more than triples Metallic’s offerings from launch Grows from $1 million to $50 million ARR in six quarters Building incredible cloud partnerships, including Microsoft, and a newly launched MSP company with global design partner SoftwareOne Expansion to deliver more services than 2,000 customers, with availability in more than 30 countries worldwide.

Commvault's Saas Division Posts Remarkable Growth

Commvault argues that Metallic’s growth and success are due to customer response. The company says the solution provides the security and flexibility that businesses of all sizes need to cope with accelerated change and increasing risk.

Through Metallic, along with a suite of intelligent data services delivered as SaaS, software, or appliance, Commvault says the company is focused on helping customers act quickly, remain agile, and put security first as they modernize their business.

Overall, 17% of ransomware attacks only ask for money in exchange for a decryption key, while the remaining 83% involve some form of a data breach, exfiltration, theft, or damage.

In other words, most attacks have bigger plans than denying access to data and instead monetize and exploit businesses and personal data in new and malicious ways, Commvault argues.

Companies must reshape their data protection strategy to focus on isolating their data from new threats, not just restoring it.

Following Commvault’s acquisition of TrapX in February, the company is launching an early access program for ThreatWise this week, an alert system to help companies identify cyberattacks, enable early action, and comprehensive recoverability tools.

ThreatWise is designed to capture latent and silent threats that traverse environments to contain and limit exposure windows because proper data protection isn’t just about recoverability.

Air-gapped cloud storage is an essential part of any data protection strategy as businesses navigate ransomware’s rise and increasing sophistication. That’s why Commvault launched Metallic Cloud Storage Service (MCSS) nearly two years ago.

Since then, companies worldwide have adopted this solution as part of their data security strategy while paying off their cloud transformation initiatives and the drive to create efficiencies and lower costs.

A company’s data is its strategic reserve. Those reserves must be tapped to help accelerate recovery and ensure companies can be up and running quickly during a cyber-attack. MCSS now has a new name, Metallic Recovery Reserve, to reflect the value Commvault has heard from its customers.

Metallic Recovery Reserve is a way to secure data and control costs. Since it is fully integrated with Commvault software, administrators can use Metallic Recovery Reserve as a backup target, like any other disk or tape target. This eliminates the need for extensive training, as this is all handled by the Commvault software.

Commvault writes directly to the cloud storage and reads from it for recovery without running in the cloud. All this is managed through the Commvault Command Center, which provides a single-user interface to collect all business data.

You may also like